Sunday , September 24 2017

Community

El Merendero Reviewed By Pomona Resident John Clifford “Eating Garey Ave.”

Follow Pomona resident John Clifford as he eats at EVERY restaurant on Garey Avenue, and writes about his experience. He started at In N Out on South in January. Stay tuned weekly to Pomona Proud (PomonaProud.com) and join John Clifford on his unique Pomona culinary journey moving North on Garey …

Read More »

Youth Build Charter School

For decades, Pomona’s unemployment rates and poverty lines have dominated its social standing. The views on the city have shadowed it behind the opportunities it provides. One charter school in Pomona, however, has dared to step back into the light. As a result, it has been very successful and has …

Read More »

$0.50 Transportation around Pomona

WHAT IS GROUP SERVICE? The Pomona Group Service is a transportation program sponsored by the City of Pomona and operated by the Pomona Valley Transportation Authority. It is open to the general public and available to groups of six or more rides. HOURS OF SERVICE The Group Service operates 1:00 …

Read More »

Pomona’s Beginnings…Ygnacio Palomares and Ricardo Vejar Started Rancho San Jose In 1837

*photo Adobe de Palomares on Arrow Highway The Spaniards established the first European settlement in the Pomona area, Mission San Gabriel.  After Mexico became independent from Spain in 1821, a movement began to reduce the power of the missions. In the mid-1830’s, much of the land was opened for private …

Read More »

What is the Downtown Pomona Owners Association (D.P.O.A)?

Downtown Pomona is a safe, clean, friendly, historic mixed-use neighborhood that offers a place for arts, antiques, retail and entertainment. It also acts as the center for commerce, education, and cultural life of Pomona’s diverse community. The core purpose of the Downtown Pomona Owners Association is to make Downtown Pomona …

Read More »

Pomona’s Newest 7 yr-old Entrepreneur! by Ron Williams, Founder Pomona Lion’s Gate Homeless Shelter

Pomona Newest Entrepreneur by Ron Williams Founder Lion’s Gate Pomona Homeless Shelter        While eating breakfast at my favorite Pomona restaurant, a young, diminutive entrepreneur displaying a box of Sweet Tarts politely whispered to me, “Would you like to buy one, sir,” “Are you selling them for soccer?”, I asked. …

Read More »
css.php